As far as we know, full-body exercises bring a lot of benefits to our body, for example, enhancing your muscles, promoting metabolism and burning calories effectively.
So what kind of full-body workouts will bring about the maximum effect? There are not any other choices better than HIIT and LISS cardio.
Right now, LessConf will introduce you to the most effective HIIT and LISS full-body workout at home.
HIIT Full Body Workout For Beginners at Home
First of all, you need to know what HIIT cardio is. HIIT stands for High-Intensity Interval Training. Practicing HIIT means that you force your body to operate at full capacity for a short time, about 30 seconds for each session. This training method is effective and suitable for people of all ages. Followings are the most popular HIIT exercises:
InchWorm with Push Up
To perform the inchworm exercise, you should follow these steps:
- Stand up so that the distance between your feet is equal to the width of your shoulders.
- Lower your body and make your hands touch the floor.
- Move your hands until your body comes back to the push-up position.
- Perform a pushup movement.
- Come back to the original posture
I must say that if you practice these movements regularly, you will find a significant improvement in your abdominal, shoulder, and calves. Not only that, your shoulder and hamstring will become more flexible.
Sit-Ups is a favorite at-home exercise that is selected by many people today due to the benefits it brings. Sit-ups not only strengthens your abdominal and intercostal muscles but also burn calories effectively if you practice with moderate intensity.
What’s more, this exercise gives your body more flexibility and supports other exercises a great deal.
Although sit-ups provide us with many benefits, it is critical for you to note that if you have problems with your neck and back, don’t practice this exercise because it can worsen your pain.
This is one of the most popular HIIT cardio exercises to burn fat effectively.
Start with the push-up posture, then bend your left knee toward your chest. After that, take it back to the original position and do the same with your right leg.
You will get the best result with this Mountain Climber practice when you do it with great intensity. For this reason, please put more effort into your training to burn fat as much as possible.
Side to side crunch
The crunch is an abdominal exercise used for keeping fit. Of a wide range of crunches, the side to side crunch is the most challenging but highly effective. When performing this exercise, your body will tilt to one side.
But the fact shows that with this exercise, you may suffer from back pain if you perform it in the wrong way. Therefore, you should follow the detailed instruction to enhance your intercostal muscle group.
LISS Full Body Workout At Home For Beginners
Different from HIIT, LISS includes cardio exercises that burn low-intensity calories like running, swimming, and cycling. Have a look at several popular LISS exercises:
You can take a brisk walk in many different places such as a park, the area surrounding your house or even practice with a modern electric treadmill at home. If you want to have a healthy body and a slim build, please take at least 15 minutes a day to do this brisk walking exercise.
We bet that the following brisk walking benefits will take you by surprise:
- Help lose weight: The combination of brisk walking and a healthy diet will contribute to speeding up the process of weight loss. Specifically, it helps you promote metabolism and burn excess calories. Spending 45-60 minutes walking at a brisk pace will bring you a dramatic change in your weight.
- Refresh your spirit and improve your mood: In a busy life, brisk walking is a safe way to dispel stress.
- Improve brain function: The medical journal Archives of Internal Medicine has shown that people with depression witness an improvement in their symptoms after a brisk daily walk. Moreover, walking is good for your brain as well as improves your memory, and minimizes the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Apart from the points mentioned above, brisk walking helps us to prevent osteoporosis, reduces the risk of prostate cancer, and brings you a happier life.
Nowadays, in big cities, the development of technology, urbanization, together with dozens of issues of modern life, make us tired, stressed, and exhausted. Leaving these troubles behind to return to nature gives our brain a miraculous recovery.
Research has pointed out the health benefits you will receive when leaving close to nature and doing hiking. Notably, it makes a significant contribution to building healthy bones, improving your sleep, and fighting against depression.
So don’t hesitate to go hiking and enjoy your life in nature.
Do you know that cycling is so helpful for your health? According to health experts, cycling brings positive effects on both physical and mental health. Specifically,
- Strengthen your muscles: Cycling will help with your lower body parts, including your calves, thighs, hips, and back. While you ride a bike, most of the muscles like your abdomen, shoulders, arms, and calves, will be stimulated. At the same time, cycling strengthens the muscles in the waist and abdomen.
- Reduce weight: Cycling can burn the stored fat and maintain the cholesterol balance of your body, thereby reducing your body weight and lowering cholesterol to keep your body healthy.
- Promote cardiovascular health: According to the British Medical Association, riding 20 km/week can decrease the risk of cardiovascular disease by 50%. Another study on 10,000 people showed that those who cycle about 20 miles/week halved the risk of getting cardiovascular diseases.
Last but not least, we would like to introduce a simple exercise: swimming. That being said, not all of us know about the benefits of swimming.
Swimming is the type of movement that supports the whole body. It is the best natural massage therapy that can promote the circulation of the blood vessels and the muscular development of the limbs, abdomen, thighs, and back.
Besides, it also supports the functions of internal organs and promotes the body’s resistance.
Swimming is an aerobic exercise with the lowest impact and pressure on the joints. According to the studies, while swimming, your body will burn about 790 calories/hour.
When Should You Practice HIIT and LISS?
For safety and efficiency, you should practice LISS in the morning before having breakfast. In this way, burning fat and losing belly fat will be much more effective.
In contrast, HIIT covers high-intensity exercises; therefore, it is advisable not to practice it in the early morning when your body does not have enough energy for training.
How long should you Practice HIIT and LISS?
You should do HIIT for a short time, from 20 to 30 minutes, but you have to practice at maximum productivity.
Meanwhile, the time for doing LISS workouts usually lasts for over one hour for burning calories, 5-10 minutes for body heating, 15-30 minutes for restoring your body.
LessConf can say that all of the great full-body workouts above, including both HIIT and LISS, are so helpful for both your physical and mental health.
Thank you for spending time reading our post until the end. Hopefully, the article will be useful for you. If you have any questions or contributions, please leave your comments below.