Chicken is one of those food items that bring the ultimate deliciousness to your meal. There are versatile ways to prepare chicken dishes. Every country in the world has its chicken recipes. One of the most famous dishes is instant pot shredded chicken. Chicken is such a food item which you can cook both in quick and delayed ways. Instant pot shredded chicken is very famous in different countries throughout the world. A flavored, nice, tender, and not over-cooked instant pot shredded chicken brings the ultimate deliciousness and makes you enjoy the food. Here is the recipe for the food:
Instant pot shredded chicken recipe ingredients
Proper ingredients always make food reach its ultimate taste. Hence, you need to arrange all the ingredients and keep them ready to cook before preparing. The recipe contains three main ingredients: Chicken, chicken broth or water, and seasonings.
Chicken: boneless chicken breast pieces are the best options for this recipe. You can use either fresh chicken or frozen chicken. The choice is because, after all, it is you who is going to make the dish.
Chicken broth (or water): The second ingredient will be chicken broth. The chicken broth will keep the chicken moist and gentle. It will also prevent the chicken from burning on the pot. Chicken broth or vegetable broth gives some added flavor to the disk. But if you do not have enough hands for making broth, you can simply add water as a replacement.
Seasonings: Smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper – the mixture of these four will be the perfect seasoning for an instant pot shredded chicken. But, you are allowed to use other seasonings to give it a different taste and deliciousness. You can add Italian Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, Za’atar Seasoning, or Taco Seasoning to make it more mouthwatering.
Now let’s move towards the cooking process:
It’s cooking time- Cook instant pot shredded chicken
There are few steps that you need to follow while making instant pot shredded chicken. Here are the step-by-step instructions for you:
- In the first step, you need to put all the ingredients into the instant pot. First, food the chicken breast and then put the seasonings that you have prepared for this recipe. Make sure the chicken breast is gently shaped. Finally, put the chicken or vegetable broth and cover it up with the lid. As mentioned earlier, you can also use water instead of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Now start hitting up the pot. There are three parts of cooking in this step. First, boil it for 10 minutes. Then keep it at natural temperature for the next 5 minutes. After that, open the lead to release all the pressure inside. Once these three steps are done, your instant pot shredded chicken is ready to serve.
- Now, take two forks, put the breast chicken out from the pot, and shred the pieces correctly.
- Once that is done, put the shredded chicken on the plate. You can do some detailing to give it a nice texture. Now your instant pot shredded chicken is ready to serve. On the other side, you can also store it in the refrigerator from 3 days to 30 days. If you freeze it, you must keep the chicken in a small container.
Customization ideas for your dish
You are free to make any customization with the recipe anytime. Here are some of the customization ideas for your dish.
- Instead of the regular seasonings, you can try other continental seasonings to give it a completely different flavor of the dish. You can try Italian seasonings consists of 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, one teaspoon dried marjoram, one teaspoon dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, and 1/2 teaspoon dried sage. This addition will bring the best Italian flavor to the shredded chicken. Or you can use Cajun Seasoning consists of paprika, kosher salt, garlic powder, ground black pepper, ground white pepper, onion powder, dried oregano, cayenne, and thyme. Apart from them, you can also use Za’atar Seasoning or Taco Seasoning according to your choice.
- Instead of fresh chicken, you can easily use frozen chicken. You need to keep in mind that you will have to keep it for two extra minutes during high-pressure cooking. It takes two additional minutes to defrost the chicken.
- To give it some extra flavor, you can use a bay leaf as a super ingredient. During the time of pressure-cooking, just add one single bay leaf. Once the cooking is done, you can discard it. The chicken’s flavor will spread throughout the chicken breast pieces and the water or stock base.
- If you still want to create a different texture of the dish’s flavor, you can simply add diced tomatoes. For that, you need to add one tin-can or 15 ounces of diced tomatoes with ⅔ cups of chicken stock. That will bring the thickness of the stock and emit a great aroma once the cooking is done. Tomato is always a good combination for chicken. Hence you can use diced tomatoes to give it a twist.
Many ways to eat instant pot shredded chicken
Here are some of the trendy options for you.
- The first option is Chicken soup. You can have shredded chicken with different types of chicken soups like 5-Ingredient White Chicken Chili, Chicken Noodle Soup, Cozy Curry Chicken Soup, Chicken Pozole, Tom Kha Gai, and Aguadito de Pollo.
- Secondly, you can add it with chicken salads like Lightened-Up Chicken Salad, Healthy Curried Chicken Salad, Tahini Ranch Avocado Chicken Salad, etc.
- Thirdly, there are different chicken casseroles like Healthier Broccoli Chicken Casserole or Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
- Or you have it with various dips like Buffalo Chicken Dip, Spinach Artichoke Dip, or French Onion Dip.
So this is all about detailed information regarding instant pot shredded chicken. It is a delicious starter dish, and you can use it as snacks also. Whenever guests come to your house, you can greet them with a perfect and delicious shredded chicken recipe. Nowadays, the dish has become famous, and it is available at lots of restaurants and food corners.