CBD and hemp oil is everywhere these days, you can find it at your local farmers market or coffee shop, and it has been a topic of discussion by a lot of people. Because of its increasing widespread popularity, you probably have heard people use the term CBD oil or hemp oil and you must be wondering what it is. With all the different terms and products being thrown around and being talked about it is really confusing to differentiate what it is. Learning the difference will make sure that you are able to get, test or use the product that is right for you. There are just some things that the hemp oil has but the CBD oil won’t deliver and vice versa. It is also important to watch out for misleading or mislabeled marketing; that is why going to a trusted and reliable dispensary can be helpful especially if it is your first time trying hemp oil or CBD oil. Check out Colorado Botanicals hemp oil for legal and quality hemp oils in Colorado.
Here are some facts:
CBD stands for cannabidiol and it is derived from the cannabis sativa plant. The cannabis sativa plant includes two main species: hemp and marijuana. Both hemp and marijuana contain CBD and THC. The difference between CBD and THC is that THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in huge doses can cause psychoactive and mind altering “high” but CBD does not; although it gives medical effects that are related to reducing anxiety or depression.
Before differentiating what CBD and hemp is, let’s talk about some of the similarities:
- Both hemp oil and CBD oil can be used topically.
- Using either hemp oil or CBD oil will not get you high.
CBD and Hemp oil are often mistaken for the other but in reality the difference between the two is really big. Here are some comparisons:
- CBD is extracted from stalks, stems, and flowers and hemp on the other hand is extracted from seeds.
- CBD is often used for physical relief because of its anti-inflammatory benefits but hemp is viewed more as a superfood and is great for adding nutritional value to your diet.
- Although both hemp oil and CBD oil can be found in some skin care products. Hemp can be used as a moisturizer and is used more as skin softener whereas CBD is often used to treat skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea even sunburn, and bug bites.
- Hemp oil does not contain CBD.
- Hemp contains a little to no THC while CBD oil produced from cannabis instead of hemp could contain much more THC.
- CBD can help with stopping seizures and aid epilepsy. It can also be used for mental health illness such as anxiety and depression while hemp oil does not have the same effects.
Both have amazing benefits and some risks. That is why it is important to be knowledgeable about this before trying anything so that you can get the most out of the benefits of the product, if you use the right one that can help you best.