Home News UK Coronavirus: Studies Suggest Fewer Chances of Severity or Death

UK Coronavirus: Studies Suggest Fewer Chances of Severity or Death

0
UK Coronavirus: Studies Suggest Fewer Chances of Severity or Death

According to a new study, people infected with the UK coronavirus variant do not experience severity. They are less likely to die if infected with this one. Possibilities of hospitalization are less as well.

UK Coronavirus is comparatively less harmful, studies suggest

The UK coronavirus variant or B.1.1.7 is one of the most contagious viruses. The spread of the virus has been rapid compared to the original strain that spread majorly across the world in 2020. Research by The Lancet Infectious Diseases explains much about its spread and probable outcomes. They also proved that the virus is less harmful compared to other variants that are causing death.

The UK variant is believed to have emerged first last September in England. The report was sent out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to inform the world about the same. Currently, the UK variant is the most common coronavirus strain found in the US. Much of this relates to its rapid spread.

Researchers at Lancet collected samples from coronavirus-infected patients at the North Middlesex University Hospital and University College London Hospital. The sample collection went out from November 9 to December 20, 2020. The time was just before the surge of hospitalizations began in Ireland and England due to the fast spread. 

341 samples were collected across five weeks, and 58% had the UK variant infect them. The other 42% of people had different strains of coronavirus in their bodies. When researchers compared how the people were recovering, they found less severity in the people infected with B.1.1.7 variant.

People infected with the UK variant had high ‘viral loads’, which meant a higher level of the virus present in their bodies. However, they, fortunately, did not see severity, unlike the original variant or other variants that are spreading right now. More studies await to update us about the outcomes of different coronavirus variants.

READ  Coronavirus Vaccine From Russia Will Be Available to Public in October

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Read previous post:
yoga class near me
How to find a yoga class near me?

  Yoga is one of the finest and ancient arts of our motherland India. It is though ancient but is...

Close