Date night is always fun, but it can be hard to develop new and exciting ideas. So why not try something different and make bacon-wrapped dates with goat cheese? They’re easy to make, taste great, and will impress your date! Plus, you can prepare them ahead of time, so you don’t have to worry about anything while you’re out.
Salty Bacon and Creamy Goat Cheese Make a Delicious But Easy-to-Make Appetizer. This recipe is perfect for parties or any time you want something special without spending too much time in the kitchen. So grab some dates, goat cheese, and bacon and get started!
The dates are wrapped in bacon and then stuffed with goat cheese. They’re then baked until the bacon is crispy. Serve them warm, with a drizzle of honey on top.
Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese recipe
- Dates 16 oz package
- 1 package (8 oz) of goat cheese
- 1 package (16 oz) bacon
- Honey, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the dates in half lengthwise and remove the pits.
- Cut the goat cheese into small pieces that will fit inside the dates.
- Wrap each date half with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- Drizzle with honey and serve warm. Enjoy!
Some variations of this recipe:
- Use a different type of dried fruit in place of the dates, such as apricots, figs, or prunes.
- Wrap the bacon around small chunks of chicken or pork instead of dates.
- Instead of honey, try drizzling with a balsamic glaze or maple syrup.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh herbs before serving, such as thyme, rosemary, or sage.
- For a kick of heat, sprinkle with red pepper flakes or add a few drops of hot sauce to the honey before drizzling.
Things to serve with Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese recipe:
- Crackers: Serve these bacon-wrapped dates with your favorite crackers for an easy appetizer.
- Fruit: Pair these bites with fresh fruit for a balanced snack or light meal.
- Bread: Serve the dates on toasted bread for a delicious and simple sandwich.
- Salad: Enjoy the dates as a topping on your favorite salad.
- Soup: These would be great floating in your favorite soup.
- Pasta: Add some bacon-wrapped dates to your pasta dish for a unique and flavorful twist.
- Rice: Serve these over a bed of rice for a complete meal.
- Vegetables: Enjoy the dates with your favorite roasted or grilled vegetables.
- Chicken: Pair these with a cooked chicken breast for a hearty and filling meal.
- Beef: These would also be great with beef, whether steak, burgers, or meatballs.
Can I store the Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese recipe?
Yes, you can store Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese recipe. Just place them in an airtight container and keep them refrigerated. They will last for up to 2 weeks.
Things to take care of while storing this recipe:
- Always use an airtight container to store the recipe.
- Place the container in the refrigerator.
- The recipe will last for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
- Reheat in a 350 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes when ready to serve.
Can I make Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese recipe at home?
Yes, this recipe is easy to make at home. You will need a package of dates, bacon, and a package of goat cheese. You will also need honey for drizzling.
Can I replace some ingredients?
If you’re not a fan of goat cheese, you can replace it with cream cheese. You can also use pancetta or bacon instead of regular bacon. Finally, if you want to make these vegetarian, you can omit the meat altogether and just stuff the dates with cheese.
How long does it take to make this recipe?
This recipe is easy to make and only takes a few minutes of prep time. The dates need to bake for 20-25 minutes, so plan accordingly. Once they’re done, you can drizzle them with honey and serve them warm. Enjoy!
Can I make these ahead of time?
Yes! These can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Then, just store them in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them.
How long will these keep?
These will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge. Then, just reheat them in the oven for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Tips and tricks for a better Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese recipe
- Use high-quality dates for the best flavor.
- If the dates are too dry, soak them in warm water for 10 minutes before using them.
- Goat cheese can be replaced with cream cheese, feta cheese, or blue cheese.
- For a vegetarian version, use veggie bacon or omit the bacon altogether.
- Cook the bacon-wrapped dates until the bacon are crisp to your preference.
- Be sure to remove the toothpicks before serving.
- Serve with a dipping sauce, balsamic vinegar, ranch dressing, or BBQ sauce.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt or smoked paprika for extra flavor.
- Garnish with fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or basil.
- Serve as an appetizer or main dish.
- Enjoy leftovers within 2-3 days.
- Freeze any leftover bacon-wrapped dates for up to 3 months. Reheat in a 350-degree oven until warmed through.
This recipe for bacon-wrapped dates with goat cheese is easy to make and impresses your guests. This dish is ideal for parties or any other occasion when you want to prepare something spectacular without spending too much time in the kitchen.