When somebody mentions cannabis, what immediately comes to your mind? What are the factors in which people claim that cannabis is a dangerous compound? Why did cannabis have a negative connotation in society? Many believe that this natural substance is addictive, and because of this, it has been associated with “stoners”- a term that was used for people who were bums, and had no goals in life. The stereotype that one is a “stoner” when consuming cannabis has become incredibly difficult for lawmakers to decriminalize marijuana. Though society is much more open today, very little of the population care enough to understand that marijuana has a high potential for abuse. If anything, marijuana or cannabis is used for medicinal purposes. But what is CBD? Why is it so popular today? And what are the benefits when consumed? In this article, we will talk about everything that needs to be known about CBD and how it affects our personalities.
What is CBD?
Marijuana is an extremely popular plant that is not only used for recreational activities, but is also used to treat ailments and is considered a medicinal plant by health professionals. Contrary to popular belief, marijuana isn’t just one substance. There are many kinds, and each kind has a specific use and purpose. There are more than eighty active chemical compounds found in cannabis or marijuana, but the two most popular kinds are CBD or cannabidiol, or THC, also known as delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol. THC is known for giving a “high” while CBD is used for medicinal purposes that claim to have potential in promoting health benefits. Although there are many types of marijuana, companies today make it more accessible to the masses by producing products that differ according to what kind of person you are and your preference of consumption. Companies such as Colorado Botanicals CBDoffer CBD products such as tinctures, oils, capsules, concentrates, topicals, sprays, vapes, and many more.
CBD or cannabidiol has many health benefits. Here are some that are worth mentioning:
- Anxiety Relief – Research has shown that CBD helps manage one’s anxiety. Its natural compounds have a way of changing your brain’s receptors’ response to serotonin- a chemical in your brain that is associated with your mental health. Many who experience mental health issues consume CBD because it can reduce stress, decrease psychological effects, improve symptoms of PTSD or post traumatic stress disorder, or help with insomnia.
- Seizures – Studies from 2016 have proven that 5 mg of CBD per day when consumed reduces seizures from those who suffer from epilepsy.
- Neurodegenerative Disorders – Disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and stroke are all neurodegenerative disorders that CBD can help with. When CBD is consumed, this natural compound helps in protecting the brain and its nerves to deteriorate.
- Pain Relief – CBD is famously known for it pain relief. The effects of CBD can help your brain’s receptors to manage pain. It can relieve symptoms caused by arthritis, chronic pain, MS pain, muscle pain, and spinal cord injuries.
Does CBD Affect Your Personality?
Now that we know what CBD is, we are now informed about its positive effects that benefit a person. If you relate to any from those that were stated above, you might consider consuming cannabidiol. Due to its negative connotation in society, we understand how you would feel hesitant to try CBD. Rest assured, CBD is not a psychoactive drug. If you are concerned about the effects of CBD in your personality, here are a few things you should take note of:
- CBD oil is made from high-CBd and low-THC, which means it does not contain a high concentration of THC that can produce psychoactive effects. When CBD is consumed, it does not change a person’s state of mind, rather it helps ease one’s mind and body.
- If you are experiencing mental health issues, it is best to stay away from THC. This natural compound will not give relief rather its effects will give you a “high” that can trigger paranoia which are not advised for those with anxiety or depression. Taking THC while experiencing mental health symptoms does not relieve one’s anxiety or depression, it exacerbates one’s symptoms.
In conclusion, CBD can do more good than harm in your personality. When you are a responsible consumer, you are more likely to have positive results. Before taking any type of marijuana, it is best to do research on what type fits best your personality. It is advised to shy away from compounds that will gravely affect not only your mental health but also how you treat yourself and the people around you.